Before the World began

Taken from one of my favourite songs: Before the world began you were on his mind, every tear you cry is precious in his eyes.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

What I am?

Discovered a quiz you can do to find out what kind of Christian you are? on my friend Lynne's site so I have discovered the following:

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan.
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 82%
Emergent/Postmodern 68%
Fundamentalist 57%
Classical Liberal 57%
Neo orthodox 50%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 39%
Reformed Evangelical 32%
Roman Catholic 29%
Modern Liberal 29%

So there you go I can now say that I am not a Fundamentalist (although I did quite like that description until some strange people changed the meaning of it)!! Well I am as much fundamentalist as I am Classical Liberal which all those who know me will know all too well that I am definitely not unless maybe I have been spending too much time listening to liberals and their worldview is having a detrimental effect on me. I was also interested to know that I do not fit the classic stereotype of Charismatic/Pentecostal considering I was brought up largely in that vein and I now attend a pentecostal/charismatic church. I can also see that some of my conversations with Lynne must have been rubbing off on me too as the Emergent/Postmodern came thru rather strong also and I didn't even know what these terms meant a year ago. Oh well I don't hold to surveys that much anyway but it was interesting nonetheless.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger andrew brown said…

    can you link to the quiz? i'd like to know how someone can be 29% roman catholic? wtf?

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger andrew brown said…

    i found the link on lynne's site and did it! i'm 89% reformed/evangelical! and only 7% pentecostal which is quite amazing as i left the pentecostal church only a year and a half ago! roman catholic came second to last at 14% although i would go as far to say that i am 0% catholic but there ya go, i didn't write the quiz!

    whats emergent/postmodern?

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Lynne said…

    What's emergent/post modern?
    Well, Andrew, I can recommnend a really good book... :)
    www.outofboundschurch.org
    (written by my beloved!)

    See www.emergentkiwi.org.nz for more.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Iain said…

    See, I SAID Lynne was the Queen of PoMo.

    I'm going to have to read that book, I think it's more than high time.

    I'm thinking of checking out Cession, Frank's faith community, this Sunday.

    Not sure if they're EC, or if that even is a label you can officially use, but some people there are, um... C - Cool, and B - Blogging. Not to mention J - On a journey.

    :D

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home