Before the World began

Taken from one of my favourite songs: Before the world began you were on his mind, every tear you cry is precious in his eyes.

Friday, September 16, 2005

I'm back

Hello I am back. Life has been very hectic for me of late. We have been doing the 40 days of Purpose at our church and hosting a small group here at our place. It has been excellent and I have learnt lots (maybe not so much new stuff but reminders I things I had forgotten). We have also got to know some people a whole heap better which has been good cos we have only been at our church for less than a year so had not really developed any deep or close friendships yet. I am going to blog further about some of the key points that stood out for me but not tonight.

I wanted to draw your attention to an interesting article at www.boundless.org called 'The Cost of delaying Marriage'. It is found under the 2005 articles and is very well written even if it is a little long winded. There are some good witty bits though so if you have a few minutes give it a look and just speed read through it looking for the interesting bits that will speak to you.

Also in regards to the election tomorrow please think about WWJD as you take on your democratic right to cast your vote.

I will leave you with a little poem I read.

The Christian Home

The most sacred place on earth
Originated, ordained , and blessed by God
The world's first institution
The cradle of civilisation
The child's first university
The most influential of all institution
Typical of all that is best and most enduring in civilisation
The greatest teachers of all ages have sought to magnify it
Men have sacrificed and died for it
Women have toiled and suffered for it
Now it is the World's greatest need!
(quoted from 'All the Women of the Bible' - Herbert Lockyer)

And the home is best when it shares what it has with neighbours. Simple, warm, caring, friendly hospitality.

So this weekend reach out and be warm and caring to those God has placed around you.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home