Before the World began

Taken from one of my favourite songs: Before the world began you were on his mind, every tear you cry is precious in his eyes.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Politics

I am rather disappointed about the result of the election so far. I suppose I have to accept that there are more people in NZ that are less concerned with the moral downhill slide of our society than I am but I think I secretly thought and believed that there were more people in NZ that felt like I did that society is deteriorating and we need to stop that in its tracks but alas obviously not. I am alarmed when I have spoken with Christians recently that were going to and did vote Labour and/or Greens. I was asked during blog conversation last week if I only think about myself when deciding about political parties that I support or whether I think about what is best for the country. I wish to declare that I care ALOT about what is best for the country and am concerned about what is best for my children and future generations. But unfortunately for those who support Helen and her buddies I care more about morals and families than I do about economics but in saying that the present government has made it extremely hard for small businesses to survive. It is honestly not worth their while to work hard and keep running cos they are so marginalised by the present govt with all its beauracracy. Yet without business where would our country be?

I have also seen first hand how the education department has completely lost the plot about what they should be focussing on instead of equipping schools and early childhood centres to have the freedom to educate and empower the students/kids in their care they just choke them with paperwork, paperwork, some paperwork, more paperwork and yeah of course even more paperwork. Beauracracy is scaring off some of our very best teachers as they are so tied down with all the stuff they have to do that they don't get to enjoy the satisfaction of watching their pupils be awed with the excitement of learning and discovering something for the very first time. The government needs to focus on the right things. These right things do not include - encouraging gay relationships, trying to get every mother into the workforce, allowing so many abortions thus affecting our reproduction rates in this country thus requiring so much immigration, breaking down the family unit by condoning and even encouraging thru benefits the breakups of families and not putting in place policies to empower families to work hard at staying together and trying to better themselves so they can provide a sustainable future for their children.

I do believe that we need to be concerned about the environment we live in but unfortunately if we focus only on this we will have a beautiful country that a) nobody can actually enjoy because noone is allowed access to it and b) there won't be any NZ families to enjoy it because they will have all left for better shores or families as a unit will no longer exist as such due to the way the current politicians would like our country to go.

So on Saturday after much soul-searching I had to think less about what was economically (although I think National is still the best option economically anyway - I don't have a problem with borrowing in the short-term to better our country in the long-term as this is what we all do everyday anyway) best for the country and more about what was morally and scriptually right for the country we love. I voted with my heart as well as with my head but my spirit won out in the end and I am disappointed that there were not more people who thought like me because I did think I was an average, normal middle-class New Zealander.

I am confident of one thing though God knew what was going to happen and his fingerprints are all over this country but sometimes he allows people to make mistakes so they will in the long run turn to him. Maybe things have to get alot worse for us to bend our knee in desperation to God and finally be prepared to listen to him. And the other thing I know is that it is obvious that we are getting closer and closer to Christ's return. And for that I can only say "PRAISE GOD"! Life here on earth is just a practice run for eternity so bring it on I say!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's in a name?
    What's In a Name? Plenty, Experts Advise More on Small Businesses When Scott Levy took over as CEO of KAR Printing six years ago, he knew he wanted to narrow the company's focus.
    Found your blog while surfing, great info...would you like to visit my blog as well?
    banners Please Disregard the tittle it's on my product web site.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sharyn said…

    I suppose its all about what you consider moral or immoral. I, for example, consider it immoral that we as a country promised to give a certian level of aid and we have not done so. Further more, it is immoral that we abuse the natural resources God has given us so badly that they are running out. It is immoral to support economic policies that make the gap between rich and poor wider and wider. It is immoral to take 15 000 migrants every year, and only take 750 refugees.

    I voted for the greens.

    Anyone who tells me my vote was not a moral one had a different definition of morality than I have.

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger haroldjones9804 said…

    i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Maria von Trapp said…

    I too, voted for the Greens.

    And I am a Christian. In fact, I know plenty of Christians (including Priests and Bishops), who voted for the Greens, and for Labour.

    The thought of voting National sickens me. Sharyn is absolutely correct that a Government that encourages a wider gap between the rich and poor is immoral. It is the poverty that results from such economic policy that determines the societal problems we are seeing.

    Karen, you say: "Yet without business where would our country be?"

    Without PEOPLE, we would have no country. The idea that business shapes our country also sickens me. Business can sometimes only have profit as its goal, and I believe this is against our Biblical calling to not be greedy, and to love the poor. For GOD owns our possessions, and all that is in the world, not us.

    That's all I have time for. Karen, please turn on word verification and delete the spam.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger A. J. Chesswas said…

    Maria said:

    "a Government that encourages a wider gap between the rich and poor is immoral"

    I say;

    A SOCIETY that encourages a wider gap between the rich and the poor is immoral

    Further;

    A society that must use the government to steal from the rich to give to the poor is even more immoral.

    Two wrongs do not make a right.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous mark said…

    I was going to vote for United Future, but decided against it at the last minute when I saw National's housing policy come out.

    Call me crazy but I think that income based rents are the single best thing that labour has done since coming to power 6 yrs ago.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great site » »

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is very interesting site... »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home